A public library offers an important service in educating communities. Due to the digital age, library buildings have also needed to modernise, adapt and become multi-functional buildings able to support various initiatives.
This Public library had undergone some major additions and alterations in order to increase it’s service value to the community.
HÄEFELE COST CONSULTANTS is delighted to have been involved with this project!
- Additions and alterations to Mmabatho public library, North-West
- Consulted on behalf of Van Vuuren and Partners (Pty) Ltd
- One large flank had been added to cater for approximately 245 additional students.
- A New book collection area had been created along with new Head librarian and assistant librarian offices.
- Other new areas consist of public toilets, children’s area, visually impaired area and new board room, staff ablutions and kitchen.
- The foyer, main collection area as well as the computer area received an overhaul and received fresh aesthetic decor to improve overall ambience.